2012 January Atlanta Gift Market: surge in buyer traffic gives high hope to economic recovery) but wholesalers seem pleased with the traffic and sales. According to Gift & Dec magazine articles (see links below) the show started with okay attendance and "continued to gain momentum as buyers continued to make their way to market on Friday and Saturday."
Gift & Dec magazine reported that fashion is presently one of the most popular categories in the gift industry. Artist Patience Brewster has entered the fashion industry with one-of-a-kind clutch purses. Carver Jim Shore now has a line of jewelry, leather tote bags and compact mirrors under a new brand JS-for Enesco. And, Kelly Rae Roberts has new jewelry and tote bags with Demdaco. Find out more about the products and trends seen at the 2013 January Atlanta Show by reading the following reports.
Reports from Atlanta
• Alex Colombo (artist) "Atlanta Gift & Home Furnishings Market 2013 - Show Recap and News"
• Caroline Simas (artist) "Atlanta Market - Jan. 2013 Recap"
• Gift & Dec Magazine
– "Direct from Market: Atlanta, January 2013"
– "Direct from Market: Atlanta, January 2013, Part 2"
• Demdaco (manufacturer) Atlanta product introductions (click on next button at top right of photo to view the next photo)
• Enesco (manufacturer) "Tour Our Atlanta Showroom"
• Jane Maday (artist) "Atlanta Gift Show 2013"
• Jane Shasky (artist) "AmericasMart 2013"
• Jim Marcotte (agent for Two Town Studios) "Doin' The Atlanta Hop"
• Magnet Works (manufacturer) "Atlanta - January 2013"
• Paula Joerling (artist) "Atlanta Gift Show"
• Robin Davis (artist) "Hearthfelt Blessings with Carson"
• Terri Conrad (artist) "Consider it pure joy - after Atlanta"
• Velvet Lime Girls (artists) "Mart JOY!"
Your comments are welcome. Please click on the comments section (below) to write your comment.
With less than three months before the two 2017 United States licensing trade shows take place ( SURTEX and International Licensing Expo ),...
Although attendance at the January 2018 Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishing Market at AmericasMart Atlanta seemed to be down from...
If artists do not sell products to consumers, why should they read magazines aimed at retailers? The reason is that retailer publications s...
Licensing art to manufacturers is a challenge. The competition among artists to license their work is growing as more and more artists enter...
If artists hope to license their art to manufacturers, they need to create art that consumers want to see on products. Therefore, artists in...
Art Licensing Editorial - 2017 January Atlanta Gift & Home Furnishings Market Trends / Record-Breaking AttendanceAmericasMart Atlanta, the home of the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishing Market, reported a VERY successful show in the artic...
Because of the Internet and increasing usage of electronic smart devices' it has been long predicted that we are becoming a paperless so...
When I first started researching the licensing industry over 15 years ago, each manufacturer used many art styles. But now that has changed ...
Macintosh computers operating systems (OS) have time saver options, robust ways to find and organize files, and other cool things that many ...
Although there are many manufacturers that produce ceramic ware including plates and other tabletop products, not that many license art for ...