2012 January Atlanta Gift Market: surge in buyer traffic gives high hope to economic recovery) that raised hope that the health of the retail industry was improving. However, the reports from Atlanta Gift Market in July showed that it has a way to go although some vendors reported that even though attendance was down sales were up. Note: The attendance at the July show has always been smaller than January's because retailers do not need to restock as much of their merchandise.
The health of the gift industry ultimately affects art licensing and the amount of art that is licensed by manufacturers. Thus, successful gift shows (Atlanta and other regional ones) bodes well for the licensing industry. Below are links to articles and videos of products seen at the Atlanta Gift Market. Reading and viewing them are good ways to find out about recent trends, colors, and art themes used on products.
• Andrea Brooks Studio "The Atlanta July Gift Show, Part One"
• Caroline Simas "Atlanta Market Recap"
• Jim Marcotte (Two Town Studio agency) "Tidbits 2012"
• Kelly Rae Roberts "Atlanta Market Showroom Tour"
• Robin Davis "Atlanta Gift Show July 2012"
• Working Girls Design "Summer Fun at the Atlanta Gift Show"
• Gifts & Dec "Direct from Market: Atlanta"
• Tiger Trade "Trend Report: Atlanta Gift Home Furnishings Fair"
• Mud Pie "Atlanta Gift Show July 2012"
• Creative Co-Op "Creative Co-Op Atlanta Showroom July 2012"
• Evergreen Enterprises "July 2012 Atlanta Market - Evergreen Enterprises"
• Grasslands Road "Grass Road's Spring 2012 gift collection at Atlanta Gift Show"
Your comments are welcome. Please click on the comments section (below) to write your comment.
If artists do not sell products to consumers, why should they read magazines aimed at retailers? The reason is that retailer publications s...
Frequently asked questions by artists about POD (print on demand) websites are "can I make money by opening a POD store and will it hur...
With less than three months before the two 2017 United States licensing trade shows take place ( SURTEX and International Licensing Expo ),...
If artists hope to license their art to manufacturers, they need to create art that consumers want to see on products. Therefore, artists in...
Although attendance at the January 2018 Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishing Market at AmericasMart Atlanta seemed to be down from...
Licensing art to manufacturers is a challenge. The competition among artists to license their work is growing as more and more artists enter...
When I first started researching the licensing industry over 15 years ago, each manufacturer used many art styles. But now that has changed ...
Art Licensing Editorial - 2017 January Atlanta Gift & Home Furnishings Market Trends / Record-Breaking AttendanceAmericasMart Atlanta, the home of the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishing Market, reported a VERY successful show in the artic...
Macintosh computers operating systems (OS) have time saver options, robust ways to find and organize files, and other cool things that many ...
Coffee mugs with art on them are sold in all sorts of retail stores but not much of the art is licensed to companies that make the mugs. Wit...