Senin, 05 Maret 2012
Questions Answered about Art Licensing Agencies
Below are links to articles by licensing experts stating their opinions and sharing their expertise about art licensing agencies. Use the information in the articles to make an educated decision on whether to hire an agent and hiring the right one if you decide to have an agency represent your work. To locate art licensing agencies, read "List of Over 50 U.S, Art Licensing Agencies".
Does an artist need an agent?
• "FAQ: Do I need an agent to succeed in art licensing?" by artist Tara Reed
• "5 Reasons Artists Need Art Licensing Agents" by artist Tara Reed
•"Artists - Do You Need an Art Agent?" by agent Maria Brophy for artist Drew Brophy
• "Artists or Agents? Tips by Susan January" interview of Vice President of Product Management Susan January from greeting card manufacturer Leanin' Tree by artist Kate Harper.
• "Interview with an Art Licensing Agent" interview of licensing director Julie Ager from Artistic Design Group (art licensing agency) by Artsy Shark
Questions to ask before choosing an agency
• "Questions to Ask Before Choosing An Art Licensing Agent" by agent Suzanne Cruise of Suzanne Cruise of Creative Service, Inc.
• "Interviewing Art Licensing Agents" by art licensing consultant Jeanette Smith of All Art Licensing
What does an agent do?
• "Agent Appreciation Day" by artist Jane Mayday.
• "Computer Technology Helps Art Licensing Agency" by agent Laurie High of V.P. Creative Connection, Inc.
What does an agent look for?
• "How to Become a Porterfield's Artist" by agent Lance Klass of Porterfields Fine Art Licensing
• "What does an agent look for? Advice from Jim Marcotte" interview of agent Jim Marcotte from Two Town Studios by artist Kate Harper.
What to look for in an artist/agency agreement?
• "The Artist - Agent Relationship" by attorney Joshua Kaufman
Comments are welcomed. Enter them in the below comment section.
If artists do not sell products to consumers, why should they read magazines aimed at retailers? The reason is that retailer publications s...
Frequently asked questions by artists about POD (print on demand) websites are "can I make money by opening a POD store and will it hur...
With less than three months before the two 2017 United States licensing trade shows take place ( SURTEX and International Licensing Expo ),...
If artists hope to license their art to manufacturers, they need to create art that consumers want to see on products. Therefore, artists in...
Although attendance at the January 2018 Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishing Market at AmericasMart Atlanta seemed to be down from...
Licensing art to manufacturers is a challenge. The competition among artists to license their work is growing as more and more artists enter...
When I first started researching the licensing industry over 15 years ago, each manufacturer used many art styles. But now that has changed ...
Art Licensing Editorial - 2017 January Atlanta Gift & Home Furnishings Market Trends / Record-Breaking AttendanceAmericasMart Atlanta, the home of the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishing Market, reported a VERY successful show in the artic...
Macintosh computers operating systems (OS) have time saver options, robust ways to find and organize files, and other cool things that many ...
Coffee mugs with art on them are sold in all sorts of retail stores but not much of the art is licensed to companies that make the mugs. Wit...